We’re celebrating our favorite fruit and Farmers Market Week, August 6-12 2023, on Saturday August 5 at the Market at George H.P. Smith Park in Lewes, DE.
Tomato Festival Schedule
Biggest Tomato at Market Contest
Bring Tomato to the Biggest Tomato at Market Contest Tent
First, Second, Third, and Fourth Prize Ribbons will be awarded.
All Entries will be displayed with Grower’s Name, Tomato Name, Type—Heirloom or Hybrid Tomatoes from both farmers and the public are welcome.
Entries accepted at Tomato Festival Tent, 8 to 9:45am. Winners announced at 10am.
- You must have grown the tomato.
- Tomatoes may be heirloom or hybrid, but must be edible.
- The largest tomato will be judged by weight as determined by the judges.
- The variety of each tomato must be identified on the entry form with contact information.
- All tomatoes must be washed and clean.
- Tomatoes will be weighed by 10:00am, and then the winners and all entries will be displayed with your name at The Biggest Tomato at Market Tent in the middle of the Market.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Guess the Number of Tomatoes in the Jar
Come to Tomato Festival Tent to guess the number of tomatoes in the jar between 8 and 11am. Winner will be announced at 11:15am. Prize is a $100 gift card to Heirloom Restaurant, Lewes, DE.